Recently, we added a Makino A40 Horizontal Machining Center to our operation. Implementing a horizontal CNC to our arsenal enables us to run larger castings and multi-cavity fixtures of high volume parts.
The Makino A40, a first-of-its-kind horizontal machining center is purpose-designed and built for non-ferrous die casting production.
The machine has 23” X 24” working area for larger castings or a large number of smaller parts.
It uses Makino’s intelligent ROI design to be one of the fastest horizontal machining centers for aluminum castings.
- The spindle accelerates to 12,000 rpm in 0.5 seconds.
- Completes tapping operations with the 6,000 RPM Rigid tapping synchronization speed.
- Linear axis movement 18% faster than competitors.
We are excited to add new technology to our operation that allows General Die Casters to produce high volume machined castings at a competitive price.
Check out the links below for more information on our equipment and capabilities:
- Download our Complex Die Casting and Precision Machining Sheet
- General Die Casters Equipment Page
- Read 'How Many Cavities Should I Build in my Die Cast Tool?'